Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Beginnings


I have had a wonderful time over my spring break! Let me fill you in on a few of the hi-lights...

Katie, Hemi, and I hiked...climbed...crawled...sweated...all the way to the Chimney Tops on Good Friday. It was a beautiful day to be in the mountains.

Never got any pictures of the whole family on Easter Sunday, but here is one of me, Beth, and Hemi.

Mom always does a great job hosting the family and friends! She decorated the tables with jumping bunny toys, jelly beans in pails, and candy-molded chicks. :)

I had BIG ideas for how I was going to completely re-do the outside of my yard during spring break...didn't get all of it accomplished, but I did line my front flower bed with rocks! Now I need some flowers in it...
I also put up a bird feeder outside of my bedroom window so Smokey can enjoy the birds...oh yes, Smokey moved home over the break!

I got to go to dinner a couple times with Grandma. We went to Texas Roadhouse and Fuddruckers...yum yum.


Mom brought Aunt Erna and Judy over with a "picnic" lunch to visit me at home. Thanks for the visit and the food!

I went over to get Smokey and bring her back home....decided to stay for dessert. :) Mom was not happy about the pictures her camera was taking of her wonderful strawberry pie.

Mom and Dad will miss Smokey dearly.

I did get my house all cleaned up during my spring break! Yay! It's so nice to have a clean, organized home.

Katie and I went shopping on Friday night for outside patio furniture. We haven't decided what to get yet, but Katie found a place for Hemi to stay next time she's in town for a clinical! ... Just remember, it was all Katie's idea. :)

Those are some of the fun times I had during my break...but I also babysat, got my bike tuned up, and just took time to catch my breath and enjoy the time!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for my own sleeping area!!! Do you think I could borrow your dad's chainsaw to make a window so I can breath? Ha ha ha jk of course! Your walk wall looks fabulous and it looks like you had a wonderful spring break! Welcome home Smokey! Did you see any birds in your feeder yet??

    ReplyDelete